Saturday, September 3, 2011

Teacher, I have become a doctor today

Teacher, after two decades of labor, I have finally become a doctor today. Please bless me teacher, with all your heart, before I start on this hard-earned journey.

Bless me teacher, that I may forever remain indebted to you. Not only did you bestow me with knowledge, you taught me to become a human being first.

Bless me teacher, that I may persevere along my path of duty with a strong heart and a sensible head, that I may never falter or fall prey to temptations or greed.

Life will put up its many tests for me. But with your blessings teacher, I will put into use all that I have learnt from you. And that I shall always pass. Pray that your teachings shall always serve well and never be misused.

Bless me teacher, that I may treat all my colleagues as my family, all my patients as human beings and all human beings as equal. Pray that I shall never be misled under the blindfold of nationality, race, politics, religion or status.

Bless me teacher, that the health of my patients shall be my first priority and I shall always put my pleasures and luxuries last. Pray that I shall never pursue name, fame or wealth, because they shall, like a shadow, follow me after all.

Bless me teacher, that I may respect human life always as a gift of God and never indulge, even under threat, to harm it in any way.

I know teacher, it is a difficult path I choose. If I do justice, the rewards are many, but if I fail, the sins are even greater.

Bless me teacher, that I may become a credit to you and this noble profession.

Obediently yours,

-----------      

3 comments:

  1. Amen!But don't put your pleasures and luxuries last!!Please respect the god inside you too!! :D
    And of course I know, you are not one of those species to put pleasures and luxuries at the bottom of your list; if you know what i mean!!;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! what a selfless dedication to the mankind !
    Good Luck , Sumnima jee !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mars up to 2019 after then Rahu so Be careful

    ReplyDelete